We make quality fins that will last for several years if properly maintained. Here are tips for keeping your fins fresh:
- Rinse your fins thoroughly with fresh water after each use and allow them to air dry in a shaded area.
- Store your fins in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Avoid leaving fins exposed in the sun for extended periods of time. For example, in the back of an open truck or in your car exposed to the sun through the window.
- You may lubricate your fins occasionally using a petroleum-free silicone spray and a soft rag. This is not necessary after every use. We do not recommend petroleum or chemical based rubber protectors or cleaners like ArmorAll for your fins.
- Put them on with care. Slide your foot to the front of the foot pocket, before pulling the strap over your heel.
- Only use recommended accessories. Traditional fin tethers are not recommended for our fins and, by their design, may cause your straps to wear prematurely or snap in trying conditions. We recommend fin savers.
Our fins are coated with a special silicone solution prior to packaging. Don’t worry – it’s medical-grade and safe for contact with your skin. If the fins feel too slippery right out of the box, you can rinse them with cold water while wiping off the excess silicone solution with your hands. Let the fins air dry.