DaFin Signature - Brian Keaulana Blue / Green
Regular price $129.95 Sale price $89.95
"We live in the present in perfect balance because of our strong values from cultures to communities and from families to friendships. This is what grounds us. We have one foot planted firmly in the knowledge of the past and our other foot is always adapting to the future, which truly balances us in the present. I trust DaFin as an essential part of my safety necessities." - Brian Keaulana
Brian Keaulana is a renowned waterman whose life work has been in the ocean.
He is a lifeguard, professional surfer, big wave rider and tandem surfing world champion. For many years, Brian served as lifeguard captain of Oahu's Leeward coastline, a position once held by his father, the legendary Buffalo Keaulana. Through these roles, Brian has been an innovator in water safety risk management, constantly finding himself in the most precarious situations to ensure the safety of others. He was also one of the early pioneers in the development of jet ski rescue, and the development of rescue sleds.
More recently, Brian is using his unique ocean knowledge and skills in Hollywood movies, where he performs and acts as a stunt co-ordinator for the film Industry and has also consulted for some of the Worlds most elite training forces.
Whether he is managing water safety for Big Wave surfing events, or stunt co-ordination, Brian relies on DaFin to give him the strength, speed, agility, flexibility and endurance to avoid danger in the ocean.
- 100% Malaysian Rubber - All natural, high quality rubber. The blade provides rigid resistance yet is flexible where required. There is less drag on the up kick and leg strain and cramps are reduced.
- Comfortable Foot Pocket - The pocket is silky smooth and soft over the top of the toes and foot to prevent blisters and chafing while the bottom of the pocket is rigid to transmit power to the blade. Fin socks or booties are not required for comfort.
- Lightweight - For such a powerful fin, DAFIN is one of the lightest surf fins on the market. Less weight equals less strain.
- Extremely powerful - Revolutionary design creating maximum acceleration of the water flowing over the fin surface resulting in more thrust per kick.
- Maximum Control - At speed the “strakes” generate a vortex of water from the trailing edge forming a barrier to help prevent the outflow of water from around the raised foot pocket resulting in an element of control and maneuverability across the face of a wave or in turbulent water.
- Can be worn on either foot
- Floats in salt water
- Used by the Worlds Best Waterman - Ambassadors include Mark Cunningham (World Champion Bodysurfer), Zak Noyle (Professional Surf Photographer) and Brian Keaulana (World Renowned Hawaiian Waterman)
- Official fin of the United States Lifesaving Association and Hawaiian Lifeguard Association
For more detailed Sizing and Fin Construction Information: Click Here
For more detailed Shipping Information: Click Here
For Information regarding Returns and Exchanges : Click Here